BFA Communication Design, University at Buffalo, May 2010
Product Designer, BuzzFeed
February 2014 - Present
- Define and create products and features for consumer facing applications as well as internal publishing tools. Work with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and BuzzFeed content creators to create functional and beautiful experiences.
- Contribute to all phases of a product, from defintion to shipping, through the learning and iteration phases. Responsible for maintaining the short and long term vision of a product.
- Contributed to the design, development and iteration of the redesigned BuzzFeed homepage, helping to launch it in the U.S. in late 2016.
- Lead user research initatives across the Tech Organization, including internal tools research as well as hompeage research with BuzzFeed readers. Helped plan, organize and conduct the sessions as well as lead the process of synthesizing and reporting on findings.
- Contributed to the formation and building of Solid – BuzzFeed's CSS framework. Continue to maintain the library and build new features with a small working group.
- Defined and designed many features within BuzzFeed's CMS, used by 500+ editors as well as a large external community of BuzzFeed readers who contribute as writers.
May 2010 - February 2014
- Designed and conceived the architecture, interfaces and experiences for web applications, including two W3 award-winning websites.
- Projects included e-commerce websites and online marketplaces, highly customized Wordpress blogs, as well as websites for high fashion clients and non-profit agencies.
- Other responsibilities included branding projects, print work, including business cards and one-sheets, as well as creating graphics for videos, and collaborating with the video/animation team.
- Worked closely with the project management and development teams to bring projects full-circle, from wireframing to the QA process. Mentored interns and incoming designers with entry-level design and production work.
UX and visual design, product definition and scoping, HTML & CSS, teambuilding and process improvements, streamlining communication, spreadsheets and docs
Sketch, CodePen, Sublime, Git, Principle, Photoshop, Google Apps